"The most worth-while thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others" Lord Robert Baden-Powell, Founder of Scouting...
And with your generous gift to our 2019 Friends of Scouting Campaign, you have put happiness into the life of a Scout and we cannot thank you enough. With your support, along with the guidance of 2,000 volunteers, Jersey Shore Council prepares more than 6,000 children for a better life through our quality program emphasizing character, leadership and positive achievement.
But just how does Scouting affect young people? National studies show that children who are in Scouts outperform their classmates. In fact, children who were in Scouting five years or longer are more likely to...
- Graduate from high school
- Attend, and graduate from, a four-year college
- Earn higher household incomes
- Have higher rates of home ownership
- More likely to get involved in their faith, and in their community
- Are more likely to have a stable and fulfilling home life
- Consistently report making the correct (as opposed to the easiest) decision
We know Scouting's impact is unique for each boy and girl, and because of your support they have a larger chance at a better life. On behalf of all of us at the Jersey Shore Council, thank you again for participating in our Friends of Scouting Campaign and we truly appreciate your generosity.
Yours in Scouting,
Associate Development Director